Friday, May 9, 2008

The Rainy Season...

Just a quick note today. This is the rainy season in Wichita and the thunder and lightning are INTENSE. The storms have been rolling through the city late at night and they absolutely terrify Lady. I end up staying awake most of the night. Once the thunder moves away from directly overhead, she is usually okay---but there are multiple cells in every storm, so new ones come through after she calms down and we have to start all over.

This is the only time she gets to be on Mama's lap on the bed; normally the bedroom is reserved for the cats (because of the litterboxes... dog + catpoop = utterly disgusted Mama).

The funny thing is that when I DO stay up like that, I've noticed the entire household goes very deeply and peacefully to sleep.... even Gryph, who never noticed that I took the dog out for a walk at 2:30 a.m. and brought her back in about 3 a.m. Guess I channel "mama on guard, sleep, baby, sleep" pretty well, eh? *grins*

I'll post tomorrow about my happy thrifting this afternoon.

Take care all!
Cath
*yawn*

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think?