Saturday, April 12, 2008

Made it to Phoenix

Left the tortillas at home for Gryph, though. *smiling* There weren't so many of them, after all... 8 inch tortillas don't last long.

Gryph took my picture when we finally arrived at the bus station; it was perfectly dry all day long but by the time we got to the bus station, we were both soaked and so was my suitcase. I was so cold that I didn't take my coat off until Thursday morning!

I didn't take a lot of pictures on the way but this one seemed evocative. This is outside the bus station in Flagstaff, Arizona, and it was always a highlight of my childhood to hit this intersection on a family trip....mostly because there's a fast food restaurant at the intersection and we would get lunch, lol!


The city buses made me laugh. Flagstaff is a mountain city, 7200 feet in elevation. The buses are called the "Mountain Line."
Finally, the quintessential Phoenix picture for anyone who actually lives here and is sick to death of ever-so-romantic desert-cactus-silhouetted-against-the-sunset pictures. Here, my dears. This is the real Phoenix. Life is harsh here; only the strongest survive. The weak fall over and perish in the blazing heat.

Mount THAT on your hacienda wall, all you who romanticize southwest decor! *wink*

Cath, tryin' hard not to laugh! *saucy grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think?