Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Running at a deficit, sheesh

Hello! Really worn out and worn down. This bitter cold just takes it out of me, and it snowed again too. BUT my sixpacks with the trays and domes came today!! I was quite gleeful, lol!

It took me three separate tries, but I finally got potting soil mixed with water, the damp soil spooned (carefully! I was working on my kitchen counter) into the first set of sixpacks, and then calendula seeds planted. I now have two sixpacks each of Resina (Baker Creek), Strawberry Blonde (Wild Garden Seed), and Solis Sponsa (Strictly Medicinal). These are all mixes and so the seeds are quite variable, some curled tightly, some more comma-shaped, some dark, some light. 

Between yesterday's potting up of strawberries and new plantings of sweetpeas and today's calendula, I'm three quarters of the way through my bag of potting soil. Will have to get more soon. But since I am, as I said, operating at an energy deficit today, more soil mixing and planting will have to wait a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So... what do you think?